Monday, May 10, 2010

BROWN BROWN JR. ON AIDS WALK 2010: WHY I WALK


Friends, Family & Frat,

Over the past 10 years, I have participated in the AIDS Walk (regardless of the city I was living in at the time :). The AIDS Walk holds a special place in my heart because I have lost so many close friends to this horrible disease. Each year, I participate to honor their memory with the hopes that a cure will be found. This year, I am a team leader for the 25th Annual NY AIDS Walk | FACES NY TEAM # 0638. AIDS Walk New York, the world’s largest AIDS fundraising event, benefits Gay Men’s Health Crisis (GMHC) and over 30 other tri-state area AIDS service organizations including my employer FACES NY (www.facesny.org). My employer is the oldest minority operated social service agency in Harlem. One of the many services we offer is housing for people living with HIV/AIDS including women & children. This year, my organization (FACES NY) is celebrating 25 years of service. To honor that huge milestone, I've made a personal goal to collect $25 from 25 people ($625). If you can’t contribute the full $25, please donate whatever you can.

Please go to: http://aidswalknewyork2010.kintera.org/bobbybrownjr to help me reach my goal.

For those of you in the NY area, I would like to personally invite you to join me on Sunday, May 16th at 8:45AM at the FACES Office 317 Lenox Avenue (125th x 126th Street). If you plan to come jus let me know so i can look out for you.

Signed,

Bobby Brown Jr.
(aka “Not Whitney’s Ex")
bobbybrownjr@gmail.com
www.beingbobbybrownjr.blogspot.com



GET DOWN will see you at AIDS WALK 2010!

Email us: getdownpsa2008@gmail.com
www.myspace.com/getdownpsa
www.facebook.com/getdownpsa
www.twitter.com/getdownpsa



No comments:

Post a Comment